John used as a comparison, and that is found in Hebrews 12:1-3 – 1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run withendurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and hassat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
From John in response to the powerful, spirit led teaching from Nace: As you were talking yesterday I began to write down the lies that the Devil tells through each of these tactics. And the way you present them I can definitely see a progression (that ultimately, if unchecked leads to death) if a person doesn’t seek the power of the Lord. One thing I find interesting, definitely a critical and foundational part of the Devil’s deceit tactic, is that he convinces you from the start that it is “all about You.” Maybe even a little subtle in the video, but every statement has the word “You” in it.
Through Deceit he convinces You that:
– It is all about You
– You are not good enough
– You are never going to be worth anything
– You will always be like Your Dad
– But if You are ambitious enough You can show everyone that You are better
Through Discouragement he convinces You that:
– Everyone of Your friends and peers are better than You
– You have to be #1Through Division he convinces You that:
– You are transient in this place, in this job, no need to bond with Your friends/peers
– You have to be better than everyone else
– You have to stand out, isolate Yourself from others in order to rise above
– You are the only one who understands what You are going through
Through Distraction he convinces You that:
– You ARE #1
– You are Powerful
– People respect You because they fear You
– You are busy
– You are important
– You deserve to be selfish
– You deserve to have promotioin, luxuries, material things….the forbidden
Through Disqualification he convinces You that:
– You have REALLY messed up now
– You are going to lose everything
– You are just like Your Dad
– Nobody will ever believe and respect You again
– You are worthlessBefore Death he convinces You that:
– You deserve to die!
I can definitely see how the Devil is successful leading so many to death, whether spiritual, social, mental, or physical (even at their own hand). I praise God that when we turn from our selves and to Jesus all these things go away, obviously the consequences remain, but the Devil no longer has that power over us.