We often get to roadblocks in life…and it is easy to give up. Let’s face it…when we get to the frustration point…we do give up. Oh wait a minute…then we pray! Maybe that is something that we should do when we hit the roadblock! Here is how the bible says God handles things…
Revelation 3:7 – …These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open. (NIV)
When we pray…IF you are a follower of Christ, then God hears your prayers. In fact, here are some great verses to confirm that God hears us…and really enjoys when we cry out to Him…
1. Psalm 50:15 – Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” (NIV)
2. Psalm 55:17 – Evening and morning, and at noon, I will pray and cry aloud; and He shall hear my voice. (NIV)
3. Psalm 65:1-2 – Praise awaits you, our God, in Zion; to you our vows will be fulfilled. You who answer prayer, to you all people will come. (NIV)
4. Psalms 145:18- The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. (NIV)
5. Proverbs 15:8 – The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him. (NIV)
6. Proverbs 15:29 – The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous. (NIV)
Okay….let’s put it all together. God enjoys hearing our prayers. God answers our prayers. God opens doors and closes doors and nobody can reverse that.
Let’s see…1+1+1=3. Hmmm…I am going to start praying, and asking God to remove those roadblocks that I can’t handle myself. Actually…I can’t handle ANY roadblocks….so I better get praying quick.
Be encouraged…God loves when we pray to Him, because then He knows that we trust Him! AND…God can do what no human can do. Let’s get to it.
Grace and Peace, Dan